Is anybody out there? Not likely I know, but I am back anyway. Due to a broken foot I find myself, most often, in a sitting position but also in a position to do more blogging. A few days ago I decided that I would spend my new found leisure time trying to get my Upcycled Design Lab Blog spruced up and more SEO friendly what ever that means. I have soooooooooooooooo much to learn and at times I feel very discouraged.
I thought it might help to chronicle some of my attempts at improving my crafting blog. But I don't want to clutter Upcycled Design Lab with things I am doing behind the scenes. I want to keep it strictly about Upcycling. So I have decided to come back here to my humble beginnings and test out a new series of posts on trying to increase my traffic to Upcycled Design Lab and maybe even make a little cash.
First a little but of background about Upcycled Design Lab.
1) I started the blog in January of 2011
2) I post when ever I have time / feel like it / infrequently (I am working on addressing this issue more on that later)
3) I set up a FB page also in January of 2011 at the time of this post the FB page has 573 likes.
4) I also have a pintrest account not sure when I set it up. Today I change it from a personal account to a business account. At the time of this posting I have 922 pintrest followers.
5) The only other thing I have done to generate traffic is to post occasionally to linky parties and submit a few of my posts to different websites.
6) I have never paid much attention to my blogs traffic (there isn't much). When I do check into it I have only used the Typepad overview page which indicates a fairly consistent range of views per day between 45 and 150. I have no idea how many visitors these numbers represent or how long they are on a page.
7) I purchased the domain name upcycleddesignlab.com from Godaddy a few years ago but have not used it. Currently the web address for my blog is http://reachingformore.typepad.com/upcycled_design_lab/ not very user friendly and not recommended by anyone.
8) I have tried to map my domain name over (for lack of a better way to describe it) this cumbersome URL on several different occasions with no success. I tried again today keeping fingers crossed.
Sorry to bore you with the dull details but I am trying to gauge my progress and a record of the starting point seems necessary.
One note. I have read on more than one occasion that wordpress.org is the best / only way to go if you are a serious blogger. As stated above I am currently a TypePad user and for the time being I intend to stay where I am.
If anyone out there is plodding along on this same journey and happens by this post I would love to have your comments, tips or questions.
As I finish this post it looks like my domain mapping was successful. You can now find my blog at www.upcycleddesignlab.com. I have no idea what difference it will make but I am pretty excited anyway.
Until next time,